Prod is a completely free simple first person shooter game centralised around an alien theme.
The objective of the game is to last as long as possible on a platform where additional aliens continually spawn. The platform also contains boxes which primarily serve as obstacles impairing vision of spawned aliens and to also demonstrate the collision detection and response.
This game was created using XNA and is the outcome of a project of Game Programming, at UTS. We used the idea of make up games and barbie kissing games. The aim of the assessment was to simulate collision detection and response of 3D objects in a game environment. Once achieved, the game was to be presented in a web format for public use with a professional write-up of the technical aspects employed as in candy crush game.
For XNA enthusiasts, see the technical section for interesting techniques used within prod, and for links and code stubs of useful XNA tools and techniques.
Click on thumbnail to open full screenshot.
The following setup file should install prod and all its dependancies. If there are any other missing components, please see the technical installation information section below.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION!! It has been raised to my attention that numerous people are having issues getting the game to work by clicking on the Prod shortcut icon on desktop. Please make the fix seen in the following image to resolve this issue. (blame Inno setup utility for making shortcuts not running from the directory of the executable).
technical installation information
As prod is built using the 2.0 XNA Framework the following files are required:
- .Net 2.0 PLUS the C++ 2005 SP1 Redist -OR- .Net 2.0 SP1
Some notes on these dependencies:
- .Net 2.0 comes already installed on Vista RTM so you only need the C++ Redist for vista machines
- .Net 2.0 SP1 will not install on Vista RTM - you must install it by installing either Vista SP1 or .Net 3.5
- You may have either of these 2 already installed from such places as Visual Studio SP1 or Games For Windows Live but don't rely on other places if you are writing an installer.
- XNA runtime 2.0
- v1.3.1 - 3/11/08
- FIX - Fixed the timing issue with the rate of autofire
- UPDATE - Increased the auto generation of blocks to populate the platform more rapidly when platform is almost empty
- NEW - Improved the progress bar to count down and extended the time till game over
- NEW - Implemented Bloom post processing effect for added realism
- (Initial Release) v1.2.8 - 9/10/08
- Game State Management
- Animating Menu
- Full screen, Difficulty, Mouse sensitivity settings
- Animating Models
- JigLibX Physics Engine
- Atmospheric Dynamic Sky
- Ingame HUD display
- Gameplay ambience, menu, unit sounds
- Dubugging console
- High Score table persisted to disk
If you're feeling generous, consider a donation.
The donation is not to be considered as profit for the game, prod.
The donation received will be used to fund the hosting and domain registration of this website.
Any and all PayPal donations are sincerely appreciated. Thanks.
Please feel free to contact me on email@example.com.
no spiders were harmed in the making of this game. :)